This edition: Black Women in SportTweet
Original tape date: April 14, 1997.
Alpha Alexander, Director of Health Promotion and Sports, explains how the YWCA and the United States Olympic Committee are contributing to the accomplishments of Black women in sport. The program also highlights some of the greatest African-American women athletes in various sports.
Dr. Alpha Alexander Director of Health Promotion and Sports, YWCA USA/U.S.O.C.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am