This edition: Sylvia's restaurantTweet
Original tape date: October 6, 1994.
African American Legends visits Sylvia’s restaurant on Lenox Avenue in Harlem, New York City, whose customers include locals and celebrities alike. The restaurant, established in 1962, now occupies most of a city block, and is still owned and operated by the Woods family.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. meets Sylvia Woods and her son Van to talk about this world-famous African-American owned business.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Ms. Sylvia Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
Mr. Van Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am