This edition: Sylvia's restaurantTweet
Original tape date: October 6, 1994.
African American Legends visits Sylvia’s restaurant on Lenox Avenue in Harlem, New York City, whose customers include locals and celebrities alike. The restaurant, established in 1962, now occupies most of a city block, and is still owned and operated by the Woods family.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. meets Sylvia Woods and her son Van to talk about this world-famous African-American owned business.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Ms. Sylvia Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
Mr. Van Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Thursday, August 9 - 4:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Thursday, July 26 - 4:30am
- Thursday, August 2 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Thursday, July 19 - 4:30am