This edition: Sylvia's restaurantTweet
Original tape date: October 6, 1994.
African American Legends visits Sylvia’s restaurant on Lenox Avenue in Harlem, New York City, whose customers include locals and celebrities alike. The restaurant, established in 1962, now occupies most of a city block, and is still owned and operated by the Woods family.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. meets Sylvia Woods and her son Van to talk about this world-famous African-American owned business.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Ms. Sylvia Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
Mr. Van Woods Manager, Sylvia’s Restaurant
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am