This edition: Fatima Shaik, Author
Original tape date: March 18, 1997.
Dr. Brown talks to Fatima Shaik, author, professor, and media specialist about her book, “The Mayor of New Orleans,” and how segregation, in part, inspired her to become a writer. They also address the topics of politics and creative writing and how the areas interrelate, especially focusing on the roles of Black women writers. Fatima Shaik’s work is remarkably important for anyone seeking a sense of African American culture.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Fatima Shaik Writer, Professor
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am