This edition: Joan Maynard/ Weeksville SocietyTweet
Original tape date: November 20, 2001.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. profiles Joan Maynard, who is the CEO and Founder of the Weeksville Society. The Weeksville Society is a product of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, and is responsible for preserving and interpreting African American history within Weeksville, Brooklynn. It also aims to offer African Americans financial and cultural opportunities.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joan Maynard Executive Director, The Weeksville Society
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am