This edition: Joan Maynard/ Weeksville SocietyTweet
Original tape date: November 20, 2001.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. profiles Joan Maynard, who is the CEO and Founder of the Weeksville Society. The Weeksville Society is a product of the Civil Rights Movement in the 1960s, and is responsible for preserving and interpreting African American history within Weeksville, Brooklynn. It also aims to offer African Americans financial and cultural opportunities.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joan Maynard Executive Director, The Weeksville Society
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am