This edition: Herman Edwards, New York Jets Head CoachTweet
Original tape date: March 12, 2003.
First aired in March 2003. Herman "Herm" Edwards was the head coach of the New York Jets football team from 2001-2005. Born in 1954, he was a college football star, graduating from San Diego State University with a degree in criminal justice. He played with the Philadelphia Eagles (1977-86), and briefly for the L.A. Rams and the Atlanta Falcons before his retirement. He pulled off "The Miracle at the Meadowlands" in 1978, grabbing control of the ball from the NY Giants and making a last-minute winning touchdown. He speaks with host Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. about his leadership style and influences.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Herman Edwards Head Coach, New York Jets
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am