This edition: Howie Evans, Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: June 30, 2004.
On this episode of African American Legends, we take a look into the life of Howie Evans, the Sports Editor of the famed Amsterdam News. Host Dr. Roscoe Brown also delves into what the big story is in African American sports, specifically honing in on African American performance enhancing drug use within sports. Also looked at is the federal regulation by the government of these performance enhancing drugs and the impact it has on sports.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am