This edition: Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeterTweet
Original tape date: August 25, 2004.
Host Dr. Roscoe C Brown Jr. sits down with Joe Wilder, the legendary jazz trumpeter, to discuss his remarkable career in the music business. They begin to discuss Mr. Wilder’s early childhood influences, mainly his father’s musical talents, the impact of segregation and prejudices against African American musicians, the various bands that Mr. Wilder was asked to join, and finally his rise to stardom.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joe Wilder Jazz Trumpeter
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Thursday, December 14 - 4:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am