This edition: Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeterTweet
Original tape date: August 25, 2004.
Host Dr. Roscoe C Brown Jr. sits down with Joe Wilder, the legendary jazz trumpeter, to discuss his remarkable career in the music business. They begin to discuss Mr. Wilder’s early childhood influences, mainly his father’s musical talents, the impact of segregation and prejudices against African American musicians, the various bands that Mr. Wilder was asked to join, and finally his rise to stardom.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joe Wilder Jazz Trumpeter
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Thursday, August 9 - 4:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Thursday, July 26 - 4:30am
- Thursday, August 2 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Thursday, July 19 - 4:30am