This edition: Jeffrey Sammons, Prof. of History, New York University "The Black Athlete"Tweet
Original tape date: February 1, 2005.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown sits down with Jeffrey Sammons, who is a a Professor of History at New York University, in order to talk about the topic of the “Black Athlete.” They discuss famous black athletes who changed the way we look at sports, specifically Muhammad Ali and Jackie Robinson, the struggles African Americans faced in order to rise to the top of sports, and the impact the “Black Athlete” had on fellow African Americans.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Jeffrey Sammons Professor of History, New York University
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- No recent shows on the schedule