This edition: Berth Lewis, ACORNTweet
Original tape date: December 7, 2005.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down to talk with Berth Lewis who is the Executive Director of ACORN New York. The acronym, ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN is responsible for organizing low and moderate income groups in order to positively reform many issues, such as housing, education and banking. They look at the obstacles in the past and present faced by ACORN, the strength in numbers among low and moderate income groups, the importance of community growth, as well as the funding needed to run this association.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Thursday, December 14 - 4:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am