This edition: Berth Lewis, ACORNTweet
Original tape date: December 7, 2005.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down to talk with Berth Lewis who is the Executive Director of ACORN New York. The acronym, ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN is responsible for organizing low and moderate income groups in order to positively reform many issues, such as housing, education and banking. They look at the obstacles in the past and present faced by ACORN, the strength in numbers among low and moderate income groups, the importance of community growth, as well as the funding needed to run this association.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am