This edition: Bertha Lewis, ACORNTweet
Original tape date: December 7, 2005.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down to talk with Berth Lewis who is the Executive Director of ACORN New York. The acronym, ACORN stands for the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now. ACORN is responsible for organizing low and moderate income groups in order to positively reform many issues, such as housing, education and banking. They look at the obstacles in the past and present faced by ACORN, the strength in numbers among low and moderate income groups, the importance of community growth, as well as the funding needed to run this association.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Bertha Lewis Executive Director, New York Chapter, ACORN
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:30am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:30am
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:30am