This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: September 27, 2006.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. sits down with Howie Evans, who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. They discuss how New York Amsterdam News propelled African American athletes to the public’s attention, the challenges African American sports editors faced in regards to credibility and their ability to gain access to athletic games, while also looking at the integration of African Americans into sports’ news.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- Elinor Tatum, Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News, "Who is Telling Your Story?"
- Tuesday, June 25 - 5:30am
- Black Politics in NYC
- Tuesday, July 2 - 5:30am
- Life in the Negro Baseball Leagues
- Tuesday, July 9 - 5:30am
- Black in Business
- Tuesday, July 16 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am