This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: September 27, 2006.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. sits down with Howie Evans, who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. They discuss how New York Amsterdam News propelled African American athletes to the public’s attention, the challenges African American sports editors faced in regards to credibility and their ability to gain access to athletic games, while also looking at the integration of African Americans into sports’ news.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Thursday, May 31 - 4:30am
- Thursday, June 7 - 4:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Thursday, June 14 - 4:30am
- Thursday, June 21 - 4:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Thursday, May 17 - 4:30am
- Thursday, May 24 - 4:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Thursday, May 3 - 4:30am
- Thursday, May 10 - 4:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Thursday, April 26 - 4:30am