This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: September 27, 2006.
Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. sits down with Howie Evans, who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. They discuss how New York Amsterdam News propelled African American athletes to the public’s attention, the challenges African American sports editors faced in regards to credibility and their ability to gain access to athletic games, while also looking at the integration of African Americans into sports’ news.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am