This edition: Dr. Lester Young, educator, Community School District 13Tweet
Original tape date: June 13, 2006.
Host Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. talks with Dr. Lester Young, who is the former superintendent at Community School District 13. The main problems with education across the nation are looked at, specifically at the student achievement gap and the amount of opportunities available for specific races. Also discussed are the Civil Right’s Movement’s affects on Black education and the resources needed for a student to thrive.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dr. Lester Young Former Superintendent, Community School District 13
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am