This edition: Dr. Lester Young, educator, Community School District 13Tweet
Original tape date: June 13, 2006.
Host Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. talks with Dr. Lester Young, who is the former superintendent at Community School District 13. The main problems with education across the nation are looked at, specifically at the student achievement gap and the amount of opportunities available for specific races. Also discussed are the Civil Right’s Movement’s affects on Black education and the resources needed for a student to thrive.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dr. Lester Young Former Superintendent, Community School District 13
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- Elinor Tatum, Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News, "Who is Telling Your Story?"
- Tuesday, June 25 - 5:30am
- Black Politics in NYC
- Tuesday, July 2 - 5:30am
- Life in the Negro Baseball Leagues
- Tuesday, July 9 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am