This edition: Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"Tweet
Original tape date: October 10, 2007.
Dr. Claudia Lynn thomas joins us this week on African American Legends to discuss her autobiography, "God Spare LIfe".
Dr. Thomas states in her book that her life can be "perceived as a series of three major storms". Fighting through life's struggles as an African American woman and facing sickness in her body just gives you a bit of insight as to how she fought her way to become the first African American female orthopedic surgeon.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas Author, “God Spare Life”
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Tuesday, February 12 - 5:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Tuesday, February 5 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Tuesday, January 29 - 5:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Tuesday, January 22 - 5:30am