This edition: Darwin Davis, CEO of New York Urban LeagueTweet
Original tape date: January 30, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down Darwin Davis, the CEO of New York Urban League. The New York Urban League’s main goals are to fix education,and employment, as well as alleviating racism in everyday life. On today’s episode they discuss the publication, “The State of Back New York” and the New York Urban League’s combined work with the Black Equity Alliance, which is a group that looks into equity issues in economic development, social development and education, with similar influences and goals as the New York Urban League.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Darwin Davis Senior Vice-President, Equitable Life
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am