This edition: Dean Meminger, former NY Knicks and Vaughn Thomas, President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc., "Thinking Big with the Sports Foundation"Tweet
Original tape date: May 20, 2008.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown speaks with the Sports Foundation Inc, President & CEO, Vaughn Thomas and Former NY Knicks/Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc., Dean Meminger.
For over 39 years, the Sports Foundation has drawn in young people to their programs that provide social skills, tutoring and drug prevention counseling by using sports as a magnet.
Tune in to find out what the Foundation is currently offering for the youth and what they are also providing to seniors to help improve their life.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dean Meminger Former NY Knicks & Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc.
Vaughn Thomas President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc.
- Henry Rey, "Dream Big, Fly High"
- Tuesday, June 18 - 5:30am
- Elinor Tatum, Editor in Chief, New York Amsterdam News, "Who is Telling Your Story?"
- Tuesday, June 25 - 5:30am
- Black Politics in NYC
- Tuesday, July 2 - 5:30am
- Life in the Negro Baseball Leagues
- Tuesday, July 9 - 5:30am
- Black in Business
- Tuesday, July 16 - 5:30am
- Cephas Bowles, Gen. Manager, WBGO Jazz Radio Station, "Jazzing it Up"
- Tuesday, June 11 - 5:30am
- Doug White, Deputy Fire Commissioner, NYFD, "If You Can't Stand the Heat Jazzing It Up"
- Tuesday, June 4 - 5:30am
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Tuesday, May 28 - 5:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Tuesday, May 21 - 5:30am