This edition: Dean Meminger, former NY Knicks and Vaughn Thomas, President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc., "Thinking Big with the Sports Foundation"Tweet
Original tape date: May 20, 2008.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown speaks with the Sports Foundation Inc, President & CEO, Vaughn Thomas and Former NY Knicks/Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc., Dean Meminger.
For over 39 years, the Sports Foundation has drawn in young people to their programs that provide social skills, tutoring and drug prevention counseling by using sports as a magnet.
Tune in to find out what the Foundation is currently offering for the youth and what they are also providing to seniors to help improve their life.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dean Meminger Former NY Knicks & Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc.
Vaughn Thomas President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc.
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am