This edition: Dean Meminger, former NY Knicks and Vaughn Thomas, President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc., "Thinking Big with the Sports Foundation"Tweet
Original tape date: May 20, 2008.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown speaks with the Sports Foundation Inc, President & CEO, Vaughn Thomas and Former NY Knicks/Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc., Dean Meminger.
For over 39 years, the Sports Foundation has drawn in young people to their programs that provide social skills, tutoring and drug prevention counseling by using sports as a magnet.
Tune in to find out what the Foundation is currently offering for the youth and what they are also providing to seniors to help improve their life.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dean Meminger Former NY Knicks & Former Bd. of Director for the Sports Foundation Inc.
Vaughn Thomas President & CEO, Sports Foundation Inc.
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Thursday, April 19 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am