This edition: Hazel Dukes, Pres., NAACP, New York State Conference: "Still on the Rise"Tweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Hazel Dukes, the President of the New York State NAACP. The NAACP is an organization that focuses on bettering the lives of African Americans, specifically focusing on the issues of education, economic opportunity, health reform, and civil engagement. Mrs. Dukes discusses the great strides the NAACP and African Americans have made in the past 100 years, especially looking at the influential civil rights leaders and the increase in African American rights.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Hazel Dukes President, NYS Conference, NAACP
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am