This edition: Hazel Dukes, Pres., NAACP, New York State Conference: "Still on the Rise"Tweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Hazel Dukes, the President of the New York State NAACP. The NAACP is an organization that focuses on bettering the lives of African Americans, specifically focusing on the issues of education, economic opportunity, health reform, and civil engagement. Mrs. Dukes discusses the great strides the NAACP and African Americans have made in the past 100 years, especially looking at the influential civil rights leaders and the increase in African American rights.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Hazel Dukes President, NYS Conference, NAACP
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am