This edition: Ted Shaw, Professor of Law at Columbia UniversityTweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Ted Shaw, who is a Professor of Law at Columbia University. They discuss the systemic effect of discrimination and racism that resound within African Americans. This systemic impact has manifested itself within high incarceration rates, decrepit housing and poor education for African Americans. They also discuss the income disparity between people of color and whites, as well as the inequalities affecting various races, religions, ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Associate Director, Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Thursday, December 14 - 4:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am