This edition: Ted Shaw, Professor of Law at Columbia UniversityTweet
Original tape date: December 17, 2008.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Ted Shaw, who is a Professor of Law at Columbia University. They discuss the systemic effect of discrimination and racism that resound within African Americans. This systemic impact has manifested itself within high incarceration rates, decrepit housing and poor education for African Americans. They also discuss the income disparity between people of color and whites, as well as the inequalities affecting various races, religions, ethnic backgrounds and sexual orientations.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Associate Director, Counsel, NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am