This edition: Herb Boyd, columnist, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: February 18, 2009.
On today’s episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C Brown Jr. sits down with Herb Boyd, who is a columnist at New York Amsterdam News. The New York Amsterdam News is one of the oldest African- American newspapers in the United States. They discuss the importance of Barrack Obama being elected to be President of the United States of America for the African American community and the road to President Obama’s success. Also discussed is the dwindling African American newspapers within America, and the success New York Amsterdam News has had throughout its prestigious history.
Herb Boyd Author/Journalist
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am