This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: March 10, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Howie Evans who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. New York Amsterdam News is an American weekly newspaper geared towards the African-American community of New York City. They look deeply at the way society, specifically the media, looks at professional and even college African American athletes and the impact it has on the African American culture. Also analyzed is the social implications of race and ethnicity within the judicial system.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Thursday, December 14 - 4:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am