This edition: Howie Evans, Sports Editor, New York Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: March 10, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Howie Evans who is the Sports Editor of New York Amsterdam News. New York Amsterdam News is an American weekly newspaper geared towards the African-American community of New York City. They look deeply at the way society, specifically the media, looks at professional and even college African American athletes and the impact it has on the African American culture. Also analyzed is the social implications of race and ethnicity within the judicial system.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Thursday, April 19 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am