This edition: Kenneth Knuckles, CEO, Upper Manhattan Empowerment ZoneTweet
Original tape date: March 31, 2009.
On this episode of Afrian American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down and talks with Kenneth Knuckles, the CEO of Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone. The Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone’s main concept is to take public money and catalyze private investment in order to directly benefit economically deprived communities. They discuss the many loans grants and tax credits given to business and groups in order to help communities around the city. These investments hope to provide jobs and promote economic revitalization.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Kenneth Knuckles President & CEO, Upper Manhattan Empowerment Zone
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am