This edition: Patricia Cruz, Executive Director, Harlem StageTweet
Original tape date: December 15, 2009.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Patricia Cruz who is Executive Director of Harlem Stage. Harlem Stage focuses on supporting, presenting and producing artists of color in order to further the Arts. They also look to bring the Arts to lower-income communities in order to enrich African American culture. Mrs. Cruz discusses how Harlem Stage has evolved through the years, the various hotspots targeted by Harlem Stage, and also the emphasis on multiple disciplines within the Arts.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Patricia Cruz Executive Director, Harlem Stage
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am