This edition: Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong FoundationTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2010.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by the Executive Director of the Stay Strong Foundation, Jennifer Jones and author and CEO of the Terrie Williams Agency, Terrie M. Williams.
The Stay Strong Foundation is focused on motivating a "change toward social acceptance about depression" and decreasing the "negative attitudes and stigma that surround it". The ad features empowering testimonies from all walks of life.
Dr. Brown also discusses with Terrie Williams her latest work, "Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting".
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Jennifer Jones The Stay Strong Foundation
Terrie Williams President , Terrie Williams Agency
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Tuesday, February 12 - 5:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Tuesday, February 5 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Tuesday, January 29 - 5:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Tuesday, January 22 - 5:30am