This edition: Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong FoundationTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2010.
This week on African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by the Executive Director of the Stay Strong Foundation, Jennifer Jones and author and CEO of the Terrie Williams Agency, Terrie M. Williams.
The Stay Strong Foundation is focused on motivating a "change toward social acceptance about depression" and decreasing the "negative attitudes and stigma that surround it". The ad features empowering testimonies from all walks of life.
Dr. Brown also discusses with Terrie Williams her latest work, "Black Pain: It Just Looks Like We're Not Hurting".
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Jennifer Jones The Stay Strong Foundation
Terrie Williams President , Terrie Williams Agency
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am
- Joe Wilder, legendary jazz trumpeter
- Tuesday, April 30 - 5:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Tuesday, May 7 - 5:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Tuesday, May 14 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am