This edition: Howie Evans, NY Amsterdam NewsTweet
Original tape date: March 8, 2010.
On tonight's episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Howie Evans, famed Sports Editor at New York Amsterdam News. They discuss the extremely popular and successful CIAA (Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association) tournament. This tournament puts historically African American institutions against each other, raising money in order to benefit their schools. Also looked at is the success African Americans athletes have had in the present day compared to the past.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Thursday, January 18 - 4:30am