This edition: Howie Evans, New York Amsterdam News, on "Fairness in Sports?"Tweet
Original tape date: September 9, 2010.
On this episode of African American Legends, Host Dr. Roscoe C. Brown Jr. sits down with Howie Evans who is a sports editor for New York Amsterdam News. They discuss how the media has been recently demonizing African American athletes, the role racism plays within American culture, the way colleges focus on profit rather than social service to educate America’s youth, as well as the transition African American athletes make from college to professional athletics.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howie Evans Sports Writer, NY Amsterdam News
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Thursday, January 18 - 4:30am