This edition: Passing the Torch, Howard Dodson, Director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black CultureTweet
Original tape date: March 21, 2011.
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture has collected, preserved and provided access to materials documenting black life for over 80 years. For 43 of those years, Howard Dodson has devoted himself as the Director of the Schomburg Center and is preparing to pass his torch to Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammed before the end of this year.
Join us on African American Legends as Dr. Brown sits down with Howard Dodson to reflect his accomplishments as Director of the Schomburg Center and where he would like to see it go as he steps down from his chair.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howard Dodson Chief, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Thursday, December 14 - 4:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am