This edition: Passing the Torch, Howard Dodson, Director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black CultureTweet
Original tape date: March 21, 2011.
The Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture has collected, preserved and provided access to materials documenting black life for over 80 years. For 43 of those years, Howard Dodson has devoted himself as the Director of the Schomburg Center and is preparing to pass his torch to Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammed before the end of this year.
Join us on African American Legends as Dr. Brown sits down with Howard Dodson to reflect his accomplishments as Director of the Schomburg Center and where he would like to see it go as he steps down from his chair.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Howard Dodson Chief, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- An Interview with Danny Glover, Actor, "Revisiting a Classic"
- Tuesday, April 23 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am