This edition: A Conversation with Shirley Stewart FarmerTweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2011.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with attorney, singer, composer and actress, Shirley Stewart Farmer. They discuss her childhood growing up in Chicago, how she became interested in singing and acting, difficulties she faced on her journey, and what caused her to also choose to practice law and her experiences during her interesting legal career.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Shirley Stewart Farmer Attorney/Singer
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Yvette L. Campbell, Pres. & CEO, The Harlem School of the Arts, "The Joy of the Arts"
- Thursday, February 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 15 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Artist, The Power in Creativity
- Thursday, January 25 - 4:30am
- Thursday, February 1 - 4:30am
- Diedra Harris-Kelley, Co-Director, Romare Bearden Foundation, Reflecting on the Life & Works of Romare Bearden
- Thursday, January 18 - 4:30am