This edition: A Conversation with Shirley Stewart FarmerTweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2011.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with attorney, singer, composer and actress, Shirley Stewart Farmer. They discuss her childhood growing up in Chicago, how she became interested in singing and acting, difficulties she faced on her journey, and what caused her to also choose to practice law and her experiences during her interesting legal career.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Shirley Stewart Farmer Attorney/Singer
- Dr. Claudia Lynn Thomas, author, "God Spare Life"
- Thursday, August 23 - 4:30am
- Thursday, August 30 - 4:30am
- William H. Burgess III, pres., The Burgess Group
- Thursday, August 9 - 4:30am
- Thursday, August 16 - 4:30am
- Randolph Cameron, author, "Finding A Way To The Top."
- Thursday, July 26 - 4:30am
- Thursday, August 2 - 4:30am
- Danny Simmons, Project Diversity in the Arts
- Thursday, July 19 - 4:30am