This edition: David R. Jones, CEO, Community Service Society, The Fight to Stop PovertyTweet
Original tape date: September 22, 2011.
First aired: October 10, 2011.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with David R. Jones, President & CEO of the Community Service Society, to discuss improving our communities. They discuss the rising poverty level and the effect this is having on New York’s communities, as well as the reasons for this surge in poverty including the unemployment rate and the growing need for more and more education in order to obtain even an entry level position.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
David R. Jones President & CEO, Community Service Society of New York
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Thursday, November 30 - 4:30am
- Thursday, December 7 - 4:30am
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Thursday, November 16 - 4:30am
- Thursday, November 23 - 4:30am