This edition: Dr. Khalil Muhammad, director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black CultureTweet
Original tape date: February 2, 2012.
First aired: February 6, 2012.
In this edition of African American Legends, Dr. Brown sits down with Dr. Khalil Muhammed, Director of the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, as they discuss how he became the Director of the Schomburg Center, the leading center for the research of Black culture. They also talk about the future of the Center and it’s growing involvement in the community with the goal of promoting interest and educational benefits to the youth in regards to Black History.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Dr. Khalil Gibran Muhammad Director, Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Thursday, March 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 29 - 4:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Thursday, April 5 - 4:30am
- Thursday, April 12 - 4:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Thursday, March 8 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 15 - 4:30am
- Stephanie Palmer, Executive Director, NYC Mission Society; Maria Orengo, Associate Executive Director, Planning, NYC Mission Society, "Giving Our Youth Hope."
- Thursday, February 22 - 4:30am
- Thursday, March 1 - 4:30am