This edition: Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
Original tape date: September 27, 2012.
First aired: October 22, 2012.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown talks with Joetta Clark Diggs, a four time Olympian, USA Track & Field Hall of Fame Member, author and motivational speaker. They discuss her feelings on being an Olympian and a role model, her organization Sports and Beyond, as well as the training, discipline and motivation she needed to become an Olympian four times.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Joetta Clark Diggs Olympian & President, Joetta Sports & Beyond
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- A Conversation with Shirley Stewart Farmer
- Tuesday, January 15 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am