This edition: Ted Shaw, Prof. of Law, Columbia University, "Voters Rights"Tweet
Original tape date: February 7, 2013.
First aired: February 25, 2013.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Columbia University Law Professor, Ted Shaw, to talk about the current voting rights case that is being reviewed by the Supreme Court that could change the requirements needed to be satisfied in order to vote. Professor Shaw discusses the Constitutional ramifications this decision could have, the possible outcome of the case as well as the effect this decision will have on everyday citizens.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Professor of Law, Columbia University
- After Football Guest: George Martin, former Executive Director, NFL Alumni Association
- Tuesday, March 26 - 5:30am
- Priorities for New Yorkers of African Descent during the Bloomberg Administration
- Tuesday, April 2 - 5:30am
- State Senator, David Paterson
- Tuesday, April 9 - 5:30am
- Lloyd C. Grant, publisher of KIP Business Report
- Tuesday, April 16 - 5:30am
- Joetta Clark Diggs, Olympian and President, Joetta Sports & Beyond, "The Olympian"
- Tuesday, March 19 - 5:30am
- William Greaves, Filmmaker
- Tuesday, March 12 - 5:30am
- Jae Gardner, Founder and CEO, The Ivy Key, "The Key to Success"
- Tuesday, March 5 - 5:30am
- Lorna Aaron, Aspen Children Corner, "The Children Are Our Future"
- Tuesday, February 26 - 5:30am
- FUBU - The Collection
- Tuesday, February 19 - 5:30am