This edition: Ted Shaw, Prof. of Law, Columbia University, "Voters Rights"Tweet
Original tape date: February 7, 2013.
First aired: February 25, 2013.
On this episode of African American Legends, Dr. Brown is joined by Columbia University Law Professor, Ted Shaw, to talk about the current voting rights case that is being reviewed by the Supreme Court that could change the requirements needed to be satisfied in order to vote. Professor Shaw discusses the Constitutional ramifications this decision could have, the possible outcome of the case as well as the effect this decision will have on everyday citizens.
Dr. Roscoe C. Brown, Jr. Director, Urban Education Policy Center, CUNY Graduate Center.
Prof. Ted Shaw Professor of Law, Columbia University
- Staying Strong with Terrie Williams, The Terrie Williams Agency and Jennifer Jones, The Stay Strong Foundation
- Tuesday, December 18 - 5:30am
- Hazel Dukes, Pres. New York State NAACP
- Tuesday, January 1 - 5:30am
- Errol Louis, Inside the Host: From Radio to TV
- Tuesday, January 8 - 5:30am
- Dr. James Forbes Jr., author, "Whose Gospel?"
- Tuesday, December 11 - 5:30am
- Col. Lee Archer, Tuskegee Airman
- Tuesday, December 4 - 5:30am
- Kevin Wardally, Political Consultant, "Strategies in Politics"
- Tuesday, November 27 - 5:30am