This edition: July 2013Tweet
Original tape date: July 12, 2013.
First aired: July 12, 2013.
In this episode:
• Host Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson tells us about a unique program offering arts education to some of the city’s high school students.
• Pat Collins looks at some of the fabulous ladies on Broadway;
• Carol Anne Riddell visits MIST Harlem…a new cultural center in Harlem offering everything from movies to music;
• We follow harpist Emily Hopkins as she travels around the city, and underground, entertaining people;
• We take a special look at Red Hook Brooklyn’s lively arts scene;
• Summer in the city is enhanced with music…on a barge sitting right in the water in Brooklyn and we’ll take you there;
• Plus some of the best summer reads for the beach or pool.
• And a visit to the High Line
For More Information:
MIST Harlem - www.myimagestudios.com
Exploring the Arts - www.exploringthearts.org
The High Line - www.thehighline.org
Women on Broadway - www.ibdb.com
Emily Hopkins (firstname.lastname@example.org) - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Emily-Hopkins/148576778501411
Red Hook, Brooklyn
Susan Benedetto Co-Founder , Exploring the Arts
Martha Bowers Executive Director, Dance Theatre Etcetera
Alex Crowley Assistant Editor, Reviews, Publisher's Weekly
Fia Davis Principal, Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts
Judith Eloise Hooper Gallery Manager, BWAC
Emily Hopkins Student, Hunter College
Yulanda Knights Dance Teacher, Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts
Michelle Materre Strategic Programmer for Independent Films, MIST Harlem
Mark Peskanov President, Executive & Artistic Director, Bargemusic
David Sharps President, Waterfront Museum
Destiny Snipes Junior, Vocal Major, Urban Assembly School for the Performing Arts
BWAC and their ArtistsJudith Eloise Hooper, Gallery Manager for BWAC, talks about the role of emerging artists.
Dance on the GreenwayMartha Bowers, of Dance Etcetera, talks about the "Dance on the Greenway" event.
- February 2018 Arts in the City
- Tuesday, February 13 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 18 - 8:30am
- January 2018
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 28 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, January 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 4 - 8:30am