This edition: June 2014Tweet
Original tape date: June 4, 2014.
First aired: June 13, 2014.
Tinabeth Pina hosts this month's Arts in the City from the historic Alice Austen House in Staten Island.
We spent a weekend following the Jazz House Kids at Jazz at Lincoln Center while they took part in Wynton Marsalis’ favorite event of the year, the Essentially Ellington High School Jazz Band Competition & Festival.
Ernabel Demillo meets one young Chinese dancer who sacrificed everything to live the American dream of dancing for the Martha Graham Dance Company.
Wing-Man is a laugh-out-loud hilarious and surprisingly poignant “one-clown show” that explores our obsession with social media. In the tradition of Buster Keaton & Charlie Chaplin, award-winning performer Mark Gindick wordlessly battles a series of unexpected 21st century obstacles. Tinabeth Piña reports…
Barry Mitchell visits The Puppet Kitchen in the East Village, where professional puppeteers design and build all kinds of puppets and marionettes for theater, TV, movies and advertising. They also hold puppet-making workshops for children and adults.
Anne Bartholomew Community Relations Manager, Barnes & Noble Union Square
Emily DeCola Co-Founder, Puppet Kitchen
Janet Eilber Artistic Director, Martha Graham Dance Company
Mark Gindick Creator & Star, “Wing-Man”
Coleman Hughes Trombonist, Jazz House Kids
Alex Laurenzi Saxophonist, Jazz House Kids
Wynton Marsalis Managing and Artistic Director, Jazz at Lincoln Center
Michael Shupbach Co-Founder, Puppet Kitchen
Dorthy Thielsen Intern/Puppet Fabricator, Puppet Kitchen
Julius Tolentino Big Band Director, Jazz House Kids
Xiaochuan Xie Soloist Dancer, Martha Graham Dance Company
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 8:30am
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am
- November 2017
- Tuesday, November 14 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Cinnabar: The Chinese Art of Carved Lacquer
- Sunday, November 12 - 6:50am