This edition: July 2014Tweet
Original tape date: July 2, 2014.
First aired: July 11, 2014.
Carol Anne Riddell hosts this month's Arts in the City from the Victorian Gardens Amusement Park in Central Park.
CITYarts brings young people and professional artists together to create public art. Through this creative process, CITYarts empowers youth and connects children locally and around the world to become active participants in transforming communities. Tinabeth Piña reports.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s free Family Programs give kids of all ages an opportunity to explore the museum’s vast collection of fine art. The Met’s Associate Museum Educator for Family Programs, Jennifer Kalter, told Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson about some of these programs.
Carol Anne Riddell met some very hip babies and toddlers -- they’re learning to mix it up and spin tunes in DJ school.
Neither crutches nor wheelchairs nor leg braces stop the girls of “Dancing Dreams” from going to weekly dance class and putting on a blow-out-all-the-stops show. Donna Hanover went to a dance class for girls with disabilities, founded by pediatric physical therapist, Joann Ferrara. Each dancer has assistance from a teenage volunteer helper for the year. “Dancing Dreams” classes take place in Queens and Manhattan. Dancers and parents told us how very much “Dancing Dreams’ means to them.
On those rainy summer days, nothing is better than curling up on the couch with the family and watching a movie or TV show. Pat Collins lists some family-friendly titles newly available on Blu-ray and on demand!
Mike Gilliam takes a look at what soap bubbles can teach kids about science.
Tsipi Ben-Haim Executive & Creative Director, CITYarts
Casey Carle Comic Bubble-ologist, BubbleMania!
Toccara Chavous Future Art Teacher
Joann Ferrara Founder, Dancing Dreams
Kaylee Gil Future Architect
Beyza Kabatas Dancer, Dancing Dreams
Jennifer Kalter Associate Museum Educator for Family Programs, The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Aiche Kouyate Future Landscape Artist
Michelle Lopez Parent
Makayla Mabry Future Artist
Daniela Maia Parent
Roger Maragh Parent
Isabel Mogollon Dancer, Dancing Dreams
Leon Reid IV Artist
Vernoica Siaba Dancer, Dancing Dreams
Christina Simonelli Parent
Brianna Thomas Dancer
Wanda Thomas Dancer
Dani Weingarten Volunteer, Dancing Dreams
Natalie Elizabeth Weiss Founder, Baby DJ School
Samantha Wong Volunteer, CITYarts
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 8:30am
- Season 5/Episode #5
- Tuesday, January 9 - 8:00pm
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am
- November 2017
- Tuesday, November 14 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Cinnabar: The Chinese Art of Carved Lacquer
- Sunday, November 12 - 6:50am