This edition: September 2014Tweet
Original tape date: September 3, 2014.
First aired: September 12, 2014.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson hosts the season premiere of Arts in the City from the Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, Queens.
Stories in this episode include Donna Hanover’s emotional interview with holocaust survivor Fred Terna; Tony Guida, making his Arts in the City debut, discovering the work of famed Looney Tunes animator Chuck Jones; a look at 100 years of slapstick comedy with Barry Mitchell; Andrew Falzon’s preview of the latest 3D movie being shown at the American Museum of Natural History; and Tinabeth Pina’s interview with feminist artist Linda Stein.
Bill Berloni Director of Animal Behavior, Humane Society of New York
Scott Ellis Director, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Brad Harris Senior Director of Visitor Services, American Museum of Natural History
Craig Kausen Chuck Jones Center for Creativity
Barbara Miller Curator of the Collection and Exhibitions, Museum of the Moving Image
Trav S.D. Author
Linda Stein Artist
Daniel Terna Artist and Filmmaker
Frederick Terna Artist
Cheryl Washer Project Director and Registrar, Smithsonian Institution
Fred Terna Interview Excerpt 2How Holocaust art falls into 2 categories -- art created during the Holocaust and afterwards.
Fred Terna Interview Excerpt 3What was impact impact of Holocaust on his art after his liberation from the camps.
Fred Terna Interview Excerpt 5Terna's son Daniel talks with his father about their different art styles.
- December 2017
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 8:30am
- Season 5/Episode #5
- Tuesday, January 9 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 6:00pm
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am
- November 2017
- Wednesday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am