This edition: October 2014Tweet
Original tape date: October 1, 2014.
First aired: October 10, 2014.
Carol Anne Riddell hosts this edition of Arts in the City from The Haunted Pumpkin Garden at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx.
Stories in this episode include Tony Guida's interview with Sam Roberts, a columnist with the New York Times, about the new exhibition he curated at the New York Historical Society inspired by his new book entitled A History of New York in 101 Objects; Donna Hanover's visit to the Louis Armstrong House Museum in Queens; a conversation with Carol Anne Riddell and mother-daughter author duo, Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella; Lisa Beth Kovetz's profile of YA novelist, Laurie Boyle Crompton; Pat Collins' interview with the cast of the new Broadway revival, You Can't Take It With You starring James Earl Jones; and Barry Mitchell's brave attempt to join the circus.
Isabelle Andrade Future Circus Star
Maria Andrade Isabelle’s Mom
Michelle Arvin Co-founder, Circus Warehouse
Annaleigh Ashford Actress, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Laurie Boyle Crompton YA Author, “Adrenaline Crush”
Rose Byrne Actress, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Scott Ellis Director, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Mark Ferrando Circus Warehouse Intensive Program, Circus Performer
Sonja Harpstead Flying Trapeze Catcher, Circus Warehouse
James Earl Jones Actor, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Michael Kandel 4th Grade Teacher, Jackson Avenue School
Ari Klein Circus Performer, Circus Warehouse
Mark Linn-Baker Actor, “You Can’t Take It With You”
Brian Lugo Entertainer, Team Circus Duo
David Reese Curator, Louis Armstrong House Museum
Brittney Reimert Circus Performer, Circus Warehouse
Ricky Riccardi Archivist, Louis Armstrong House Museum/Queens College
Sam Roberts Author, “A History of New York in 101 Objects”
Annette Santiago Entertainer, Team Circus Duo
Lisa Scottoline Co-Author, “Have a Nice Guilt Trip”
Francesca Serritella Co-Author, “Have a Nice Guilt Trip”
Suzi Winson Owner, Circus Warehouse
The Louis Armstrong House 2Donna Hanover learns about Louis Armstrong's role in Civil Rights in America.
The Louis Armstrong House 3Donna Hanover learns that Louis Armstrong listened to other types of music in appreciation.
Circus Warehouse LifeCircus Warehouse owner Suzi Winson talks about being a woman in a male-dominated field.
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am
- November 2017
- Tuesday, November 14 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Cinnabar: The Chinese Art of Carved Lacquer
- Friday, October 27 - 7:50am, 1:50pm
- Saturday, October 28 - 11:50pm
- Sunday, October 29 - 11:50pm
- Monday, October 30 - 5:45am
- Saturday, November 4 - 3:20am
- Sunday, November 12 - 6:50am
- October 2017
- Tuesday, October 24 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, October 25 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 28 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 29 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 31 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 1 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 4 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 5 - 8:30am