This edition: December 2014Tweet
Original tape date: December 2, 2014.
First aired: December 12, 2014.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson hosts this month’s edition of Arts in the City from El Museo del Barrio on Museum Mile in Manhattan.
Stories in this episode include Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson’s interview with the new Executive Director of El Museo del Barrio about the first exhibition under his tenure, a retrospective on the career of pop artist Marisol; Barry Mitchell sits down with Lipa Schmeltzer, a Hasidic Jewish pop musician; Carol Anne Riddell’s behind the scenes look at George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker; Tinabeth Pina finds out how instruments’ strings are made at the D’Addario factory in Farmingdale, Long Island; a profile on a collection of holiday cards made by famous 20th century artists at The Morgan Library & Museum; and Pat Collins’ picks for what to see on Broadway this holiday season.
Dena Abergel Children’s Ballet Master, New York City Ballet
Emerson Alexander Student, School of American Ballet
John D'Addario III President, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
Natalie Glassie Student, School of American Ballet
Shelby Mann Student, School of American Ballet
Elmer Martinez Rubio Machine Operator, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
Christine Nelson Curator of Literary and Historical Manuscripts, The Morgan Library & Museum
Jose Rodriguez Production Supervisor, D'Addario & Company, Inc.
Lipa Schmeltzer Singer/Songwriter
Jorge Daniel Veneciano Executive Director, El Museo del Barrio
Ian Zelbo Student, School of American Ballet
John D'Addario Talks AcquisitionsD'Addario & Company President, John D'Addario III talks about some of the other companies D'Addario has acquired over the years.
Lipa's ShulHasidic pop musician Lipa Schmeltzer tells about his shul, a Yiddish word for a synagogue or temple, in Airmont, NY.
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 8:30am
- Season 5/Episode #5
- Tuesday, January 9 - 8:00pm
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am
- November 2017
- Tuesday, November 14 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 15 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Cinnabar: The Chinese Art of Carved Lacquer
- Sunday, November 12 - 6:50am