This edition: January 2015Tweet
Original tape date: January 1, 2015.
First aired: January 9, 2015.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson hosts this month’s edition of Art in the City from the recently reopened Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum.
Stories in this episode include Tony Guida's interview with modern architect, David Benjamin, whose works take eco-friendly to the next level; Lisa Beth Kovetz' profile of an exhibition on high heels at the Brooklyn Museum; the tale of how Hip Hop grew out of the Bronx; Ernabel Demillo explores a new type of theater that has exploded onto the scene in New York City; Donna Hanover's interview with the star of A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, Jefferson Mays; and Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson’s look inside the new Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum.
Caroline Baumann Director, Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
David Benjamin Principal Architect, The Living
Grandmaster Caz Rapper
Mickey Factz Rapper
Pedro Gadanho Curator of Contemporary Architecture, The Museum of Modern Art
Debra Harris CEO, Hush Tours
Xavier Jernigan Pop Culture Expert
Liam Lane Performer, Fuerza Bruta: Wayra
Jaygee Macapugay Actress, “Here Lies Love”
Jefferson Mays Actor, “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder”
Patrick Pacheco Theater Writer
Steven Shaw Producer, Fuerza Bruta: Wayra
Ronald Shiffman Professor, Graduate School of Architecture, Pratt Institute
Lisa Small Curator of Exhibitions, Brooklyn Museum
Susan Szenasy Editor-in-Chief & Publisher, Metropolis Magazine
Jerry Wonda Owner/Producer, Platinum Sounds NY
Hip Hop and Mainstream CultureXavier Jernigan explains the emergence of Hip Hop into mainstream music culture.
Aspire to Be MoreXavier Jernigan explains that Hip Hop artists urge their listeners to become successful.
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- November 2017
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am