This edition: June 2015Tweet
Original tape date: June 4, 2015.
First aired: June 12, 2015.
Donna Hanover hosts this month’s episode of Arts in the City from The Cloisters in Fort Tryon Park.
Segments include Pat Collins’ story on the New York Public Library’s exhibition on the life of American icon Frank Sinatra; Lisa Beth’s interview with the writer and the star of the surprise Broadway hit, Hand to God; Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson’s second tour of restaurants in NYC museums; Donna Hanover’s profile of artist and designer, Danielle Trofe; and Barry Mitchell’s ride along with Scott’s Pizza Tour.
For more information:
The Cloisters - www.metmuseum.org/visit/visit-the-cloisters
Frank Sinatra - www.nypl.org/events/exhibitions/sinatra-american-icon
Hand to God - handtogodbroadway.com
Danielle Trofe - danielletrofe.com
Scott’s Pizza Tours - www.scottspizzatours.com
Museum Restaurants - kg-ny.com/cafe-sabarsky
Robert Askins Playwright, “Hand to God”
Steven Boyer Actor, “Hand to God”
John Brescio Owner, Lombardi's Pizza
Tim Buma Executive Chef, The Morgan Dining Room
Rodolfo Contreras Executive Chef, The Wright
Jacqueline Z. Davis Executive Director, NYPL For the Performing Arts
Kurt Gutenbrunner Executive Chef, Cafe Sabarsky
Jonathan Schwartz Radio Personality, WNYC
Danielle Trofe Artist and Designer, Danielle Trofe Design
Caitlin Whittington Exhibit Designer, NYPL for the Performing Arts
Scott Wiener Owner, Scott's Pizza Tours
Scott's Pizza Tour WebExtra 1Lombardi's owner John Brescio on how and when pizza became an American staple.
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- November 2017
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am