This edition: July 2015Tweet
Original tape date: July 2, 2015.
First aired: July 10, 2015.
Carol Anne Riddell hosts this month’s episode of Arts in the City from Socrates Sculpture Park in Long Island City, Queens.
Segments include Mike Gilliam’s visit to the Tenement Museum in the Lower East Side; a history of the Brooklyn-born dance style called FLEXN as told by one of its biggest advocates, Regg Roc; Tinabeth Pina has a meal at City Tech’s Hospitality Program featuring foods that were created in NYC; Ernabel DeMillo’s interview with crime fiction legend James Patterson; and Lisa Beth Kovetz’s night out at a Bed Stuy apartment where dinner is served with a side of live jazz.
For more information:
Socrates Sculpture Park - socratessculpturepark.org
Tenement Museum - www.tenement.org
Brownstone Jazz - sankofaaban.com
FLEXN - www.dreamringxperience.com/
Famous New York Foods - www.citytech.cuny.edu/academics/deptsites/hospitality
James Patterson - www.jamespatterson.com
Prof. Joanne Jacus Instructor, NYC College of Technology/CUNY
Eric Lemon Bass Player, Brownstone Jazz
Susan Lowry Instructor, NYCCT/CUNY
Debbie McClain Proprietor, Brownstone Jazz
James Patterson Author
Annie Polland Senior Vice President, Education & Programs, Tenement Museum
- February 2018 Arts in the City
- Tuesday, February 13 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 18 - 8:30am
- January 2018
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 28 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, January 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 4 - 8:30am