This edition: February 2016Tweet
First aired: February 12, 2016.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson hosts this month’s Arts in the City from Downtown Brooklyn’s New York Transit Museum, which is also this month’s Hidden Gem of New York.
Donna Hanover speaks with Louise Mirrer, the New-York Historical Society’s President and CEO, about their upcoming expansion and the new Center for the Study of Women’s History.
Andrew Falzon explores The Discovery of King Tut, a new exhibition Manhattan that recreates the tomb of the fabled Egyptian King.
Nueva York’s story on Noche Flamenca, a flamenco group that tours all around the globe.
Pat Collins interviews David Hyde Pierce about The Actors Fund, an organization dedicated to supporting entertainment industry professionals with affordable housing and elder care.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson goes to the Brooklyn Museum to learn about their exhibition, Coney Island: Visions of an American Dreamland, which runs through March 13th.
Kyung Yoon interviews Richard Tsao, a contemporary artist whose fashion line appears at the New York Metropolitan Opera and the Asia Society museum store.
For more information:
NY Transit Musem: web.mta.info/mta/museum
NY Historical Society: www.nyhistory.org
King Tut Exhibition: www.tutnyc.com
Noche Flamenca: www.soledadbarrioandnocheflamenca.com
The Actors Fund: www.actorsfund.org
Brooklyn Museum: https://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibitions/coney_island_american_dreamland
Soledad Barrio “Bailaora”, Noche Flamenca
Joseph Benincasa President & CEO, The Actors Fund
Connie Choi Assistant Curator of American Art, Brooklyn Museum
Barbara Davis Chief Operating Officer, The Actors Fund
Mark Lach Creative Director, Premier Exhibitions
Dr. Louise Mirrer President and CEO, New-York Historical Society
David Hyde Pierce Actor
Martín Santangelo Director Artisitico - Productor, Noche Flamenca
David Silverman, Ph.D. Professor/Curator, University of Pennsylvania
Richard Tsao Artist & Designer
- December 2017
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, December 26 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 27 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 30 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 31 - 8:30am
- Season 5/Episode #5
- Tuesday, January 9 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 10 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 13 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 14 - 8:30am
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- November 2017
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am