This edition: August 2016Tweet
Original tape date: August 1, 2016.
First aired: August 12, 2016.
Magalie Laguerre-Wilkinson hosts August "Arts in the City" at the vibrant Bryant Park in midtown.
Ernabel Demillo reports upon “Cool Culture”, a group working hard to bring diversity to museums throughout the city for visitors and workers alike.
Pat Collins sat down with the multi-talented actor Brian Stokes Mitchell about a very special Tony Award he recently received.
Irka Mateo is a top Latin/World Music singer-songwriter, now living in NYC. Her story comes from our sister show Nueva York.
Still trying to figure out what to read on your summer vacation? We've got some recommendations from the folks at the Strand Book Store.
Barry Mitchell scouts the talent at this year’s MTA “Music Under New York” auditions.
Tinabeth Piña goes underground to investigate "Date While You Wait" and finds many connections are being made.
Want to see how the affluent lived in the 19th Century? This month's Hidden Gem features the Ballantine House, home to the beer magnate, John Ballantine and his family.
Candice Anderson Executive Director, Cool Culture
Dwayne Beach Band Member, The F Tones
Jason Chaskin Commuter
Ulysses Dietz Decorative Arts Curator, Newark Museum
Lisa Fairey Jazz Cello and Vocals
Leigh Hall Commuter
Amy Hausmann Deputy Director, MTA - Arts for Transit & Urban Design
Thomas Knox Creator, Date While You Wait
Natalia Leal Family Leader, Cool Culture
Andrea Louie Executive Director, Asian American Arts Alliance
Samantha Marguiles Opera Singer ‘Samantha Echo’, MTA Music Under New York
Irka Mateo Singer-Songwriter
Brian Stokes Mitchell Chairman of the Board, The Actors Fund
Clare Na Musician, Blooming Flute Ensemble
Ana Noriega Arts Consultant
Rita Prats Rodriguez Director, East Harlem Council Bilingual Head Start
Katherine Slingluff Band Member, Paper Anniversary
Andy Stuckey Band Member, Paper Anniversary
Marcin Wisniewski Band Member, The F Tones
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 12 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 13 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 16 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 17 - 8:30am
- Tang Shipwreck in New York
- Monday, December 4 - 6:50am, 12:50pm, 10:50pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 4:50pm
- November 2017
- Saturday, November 18 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 19 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 28 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 29 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 2 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 3 - 8:30am
- Chinese Art of the Qin and Han Dynasties in New York
- Saturday, November 18 - 2:50am