This edition: October 2017Tweet
Original tape date: September 8, 2017.
First aired: October 10, 2017.
Tony Guida hosts this episode of Arts in the City which features:
The Museum of the City of New York which has a new permanent exhibit on the history of New York City using interactive exhibits to bring it to life. Mike Gilliam reports.
Tinabeth Piña meets Andy Cavatorta -- a sculptor working with sound and robotics.
Andrew Falzon visits the Museum of the Moving Image's exhibit on Jim Henson.
Donna Hanover stops by Engine15/Ladder18 and meets Ashley, the dog who lives there AND has her own Instagram account, thanks to the FDNY firefighters who love her.
Vianora Vinca check out the Queens College Costume collection.
The show uncovers this month's Hidden Gem: Merchant's House.
Kelbert Ang Queens College/CUNY
Anthony Bellov Board Member, Merchant's House Museum
Andy Cavatorta Sculptor
Tiffany Haviv Student, Queens College/CUNY
Sarah Henry Deputy Director and Chief Curator, Museum of the City of New York
Barbara Miller Curator of the Collection & Exhibitions, Museum of the Moving Image
Emily Ripley Curator of Queens College Costume Collection, Queens College/CUNY
Craig Shemin President, Jim Henson Legacy
Capt. Gerard Siani FDNY
- February 2018 Arts in the City
- Tuesday, February 13 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, February 14 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, February 17 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 18 - 8:30am
- January 2018
- Tuesday, January 23 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 24 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 27 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 28 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, January 30 - 8:00pm
- Saturday, February 3 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, February 4 - 8:30am