Latest edition: February 2017Tweet
Original tape date: January 13, 2017.
First aired: February 3, 2017.
In this special edition, we commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the “Day of Remembrance,” the internment of Japanese American citizens in the United States, also known as Executive Order 9066 during World War II. We share the untold stories of Japanese Americans who were either interned themselves, or had family members who were forced to relocate into internment camps in the United States.
Reporter Ernabel Demillo hosts this special from the Noguchi Museum Exhibit “Self Interned, 1942: Noguchi in Poston War Relocation Center. She shares the stories behind the art of Isamu Noguchi.
Tom Ikeda Executive Director, Densho
Madeleine S. Sugimoto Daughter of Artist Henry Sugimoto
Grant Ujifusa Author & Legislative Strategist, 1982-1992, Japanese American Citizens League
Theodora Yoshikami Seabrook Farms
- March 2017
- Friday, March 3 - 10:00am, 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Sunday, March 5 - 12:00pm
- Friday, March 17 - 10:00am, 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Sunday, March 19 - 12:00pm
- February 2017
- Friday, February 3 - 10:00am, 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 5 - 12:00pm
- Friday, February 17 - 10:00am, 3:00pm, 8:30pm
- Sunday, February 19 - 12:00pm