This edition: February 2014Tweet
Original tape date: January 16, 2014.
First aired: February 13, 2014.
Asian American Life remembers Private Danny Chen, a victim of military hazing who committed suicide in 2011. Ernabel Demillo has an exclusive interview with Private Chen's parents, and local officials.
Following the memorial piece, this episode examines Asian Americans in advertising, where the leading industry experts discuss the evolving trends. Guests include Bill Imada, CCO of IW Group, and Saul Gitlin, SVP of K & L Advertising.
Dr. Edmund Kwan, a renowned plastic surgeon in the New York area, offers his insight on the controversy surrounding Asian Americans plastic surgery. We will also hear from former fashion model Jihae Kim, who shares insight into the beauty and fashion world.
And wrapping up this show, we'll take a look at the history of micro brew beer and how one brew master is pairing eastern and western flavors together in his ale. Guests include Basil Lee and Kevin Stafford, co-founders of Finback Brewery, Gregg Glaser, Editor-in-Chief Yankee Brew News Magazine, and Jeff Hardinger, Chef and Owner of Ruay Thai Restaurant.
Su Zhen Chen Mother of Private Danny Chen
Yan Tao Chen Father of Private Danny Chen
Margaret S. Chin Councilwoman, City Council of New York, District 1
Saul Gitlin Executive VP Strategic Services & Managing Director, Kang & Lee Advertising
Gregg Glaser Editor-In-Chief, Yankee Brew News Magazine
Jeff Hardinger Chef and Owner, Ruay Thai
Bill Imada Chairman and CCO, IW Group Inc.
Jihae Kim Composer and Former Model
Dr. Edmund Kwan Plastic Surgeon, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
Basil Lee Co-founder, Finback Brewery
Kevin Stafford Co-Founder, Finback Brewery
- October 2018
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 7 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 21 - 8:30am
- July 2018
- Sunday, August 26 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 8:30am