This edition: January 2015Tweet
Original tape date: December 13, 2014.
First aired: January 2, 2015.
Did you know the first Chinese immigrants arrived in the US at the same time as the first Irish? It’s part of the Chinese American experience chronicled and explored by host Ernabel Demillo at the New York Historical Society’s exhibit “Chinese American: Exclusion/Inclusion.”
Got the winter blues? Try therapeutic massage treatments as an alternative cure for winter illnesses, as Minnie Roh reports.
For the first time, we’re seeing more Asian Americans in positions of power in New York government thanks to Mayor Bill de Blasio’s cabinet appointments. Reporter Paul Lin caught up with two of the new commissioners.
Couples who need a surrogate mother to carry their baby are increasingly heading to India. Reporter Tinabeth Piña’s exclusive report finds a burgeoning surrogacy industry that’s projected to be worth billions.
Nisha Agarwal Commissioner, Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
Amy Chin Exhibition Contributer, New-York Historical Society
Dee Gulati Director, Indian Egg Donors, Inc.
Meera Joshi Commissioner, NYC Taxi and Limousine Commission
Ranjana Kumari Director, Centre for Social Research
Dr. Louise Mirrer President and CEO, New-York Historical Society
Anita Nagpal Medical Advisor, Indian Egg Donors, Inc.
Grace Park Manager, King SPA & Fitness
Elizabeth L. Ramos-Genuino M.D. Family Medicine, Summit Medical Group
Leslie Morgan Steiner Author, “The Baby Chase”
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 18 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 8:30am
- January 2019
- Tuesday, January 8 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 9 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 8:30am