This edition: July 2016Tweet
Original tape date: June 10, 2016.
First aired: July 1, 2016.
Paul Lin reports on one of the most popular transportation lifestyle trends, cycling with bamboo bikes. He interviews the founder of Bambike, an Asian American who returned back to Manila to start a business building bamboo bikes. It’s so popular even President Obama and other world leaders have one!
Kyung Yoon interviews actress Ann Sanders who created a buzz on Broadway for stepping in the lead role of Anna in “The King And I.”
Ernabel Demillo reports how the workforce at museums and art organizations nationwide don’t reflect the diverse population they serve.
Korean Pop, also known as K-pop has made its way from Seoul to New York, thanks to pop star Psy’s "Gangman Style" billboard hit. Now it’s all the rage here in New York and in other cities worldwide.
Candice Anderson Executive Director, Cool Culture
Munju (M.J.) Choi Owner & Dance Instructor, I LOVE DANCE Studio
Frankie EXP Band
Jasmine Greene K-Pop Fan
Hunter EXP Band
Bora Kim Artist, Sociologist and Founder, EXP Band
Andrea Louie Executive Director, Asian American Arts Alliance
Bryan Benitez McClelland Founder, Bambike
DJ McIver K-Pop Fan; Student, I LOVE DANCE Studio
Ann Sanders Actress, “The King and I”
Sime EXP Band
Mingyang Sun Teaching Artist, Rubin Museum of Art
Melissa Zhang Education Coordinator, Chinatown Family Explorers Club, Cool Culture
- October 2018
- Tuesday, October 2 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, October 3 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 6 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 7 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, October 16 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, October 17 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, October 20 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 21 - 8:30am
- July 2018
- Sunday, August 26 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 4 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 5 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 8 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, September 9 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, September 18 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, September 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, September 22 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, September 23 - 8:30am