This edition: December 2016Tweet
Original tape date: November 10, 2016.
First aired: December 2, 2016.
In this special edition, we trace the roots of where your favorite Chinese food and dishes came from and look at the hottest Asian American food trends in the country.
Ramen Noodle is the world’s most favorite comfort food and they’ve been gaining ground here in the U.S., popping up in every town, city and state.
There’s a Chinese restaurant on every street corner, and the proliferation can be traced back to one historical event in American history.
After years of taking a backseat to other Asian foods in the culinary world, Filipino cuisine is finally taking off and restaurant critics are giving it a 5 star rating.
What was once considered the national dish of Korea, is now the darling of the global culinary world.
Ellen Blau Kimchi Expert
Yana Gilbuena Traveling Chef and Founder, SALO
Peter Kim Executive Director, Museum of Food and Drink
Heather R. Lee Historian and Scholar, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Nicole Ponseca Founder and Owner, Maharlika
Kenshiro Uki Co-Founder, Ramen Lab
- December 2018
- Tuesday, December 18 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 19 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 22 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 23 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, January 1 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 2 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 5 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 6 - 8:30am
- January 2019
- Tuesday, January 8 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, January 9 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, January 12 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, January 13 - 8:30am