This edition: February 2017Tweet
Original tape date: January 13, 2017.
First aired: February 3, 2017.
In this special edition, we commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the “Day of Remembrance,” the internment of Japanese American citizens in the United States, also known as Executive Order 9066 during World War II. We share the untold stories of Japanese Americans who were either interned themselves, or had family members who were forced to relocate into internment camps in the United States.
Reporter Ernabel Demillo hosts this special from the Noguchi Museum Exhibit “Self Interned, 1942: Noguchi in Poston War Relocation Center. She shares the stories behind the art of Isamu Noguchi.
Dakin Hart Senior Curator, Noguchi Museum
Tom Ikeda Executive Director, Densho
Madeleine S. Sugimoto Daughter of Artist Henry Sugimoto
Grant Ujifusa Author & Legislative Strategist, 1982-1992, Japanese American Citizens League
Theodora Yoshikami Seabrook Farms
- December 2017
- Tuesday, December 5 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, December 6 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, December 9 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, December 10 - 8:30am
- November 2017
- Saturday, November 11 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 12 - 8:30am
- Tuesday, November 21 - 8:00pm
- Wednesday, November 22 - 8:00am, 2:00pm
- Saturday, November 25 - 6:00pm
- Sunday, November 26 - 8:30am