Latest edition: Setting the StageTweet
Original tape date: April 26, 2013.
First aired: June 2, 2013.
Host Patrick Pacheco sits down with prolific architect and set designer David Rockwell to talk about set design, the collaborative relationship between the scenic designer and directors as well as his own love of the theater. They explore the many theatrical works that Rockwell has participated in, such as Hairspray, Legally Blonde, and Catch Me If You Can, the theater themed restaurant that Rockwell designed and talk with Directors Jack O’Brien and Jerry Mitchell who have collaborated with Rockwell on a number of occasions.
Jerry Mitchell Choreographer
Jack O'Brien Director
Patrick Pacheco Entertainment Reporter, Los Angeles Times
David Rockwell Scenic Designer
- Getting the Show on the Road
- Saturday, February 25 - 11:00am
- The Production Seminar: "Mamma Mia!" (Fall 2001)
- Saturday, March 4 - 11:00am
- Fluidity and Change: Directors 2009
- Sunday, March 5 - 5:00pm
- Puppetry and Theatre (Fall 2004)
- Saturday, March 11 - 11:00am
- The Evolution of "Encores!" (Winter 2007)
- Sunday, March 12 - 5:00pm
- Pop Music and the New Musical (Fall 2005)
- Saturday, March 18 - 11:00am
- Production: "The Full Monty" (Fall 2000)
- Sunday, March 19 - 5:00pm
- Actors on Performing (Winter 2005-06)
- Saturday, March 25 - 11:00am