This edition: Design (Winter 1993)Tweet
Original tape date: February 1, 1993.
The design panel - scenic designer John Arnone (The Who's Tommy), costume designer Elizabeth Fried (Brother Truckers), special effects designer Wendall K. Harrington (The Who's Tommy), lighting designer Mimi Jordan Sherin (New York Shakespeare Festival) - moderated by costume designer Patricia Zipprodt (My Favorite Year), Professor Tish Dace, and author/designer/producer Jean Dalrymple discuss their creative childhoods; how the role of designers has evolved from directors, stage managers, and technicians; working with varying production budgets; and the colors and projections used in The Who's Tommy.
John Arnone Lighting Designer
Tish Dace Professor/Critic
Mimi Jordan Sherin Designer
Patricia Zipprodt Costume Designer
- Performing Musicals
- Tuesday, March 20 - 4:30am
- Demystifying the Classics
- Tuesday, March 27 - 4:30am
- Actors' Words, Writer's Voice
- Tuesday, April 3 - 4:30am
- Arias to Showstoppers: The Worlds of Opera and Theatre
- Tuesday, April 10 - 4:30am