This edition: Design (Winter 1993)Tweet
Original tape date: February 1, 1993.
The design panel - scenic designer John Arnone (The Who's Tommy), costume designer Elizabeth Fried (Brother Truckers), special effects designer Wendall K. Harrington (The Who's Tommy), lighting designer Mimi Jordan Sherin (New York Shakespeare Festival) - moderated by costume designer Patricia Zipprodt (My Favorite Year), Professor Tish Dace, and author/designer/producer Jean Dalrymple discuss their creative childhoods; how the role of designers has evolved from directors, stage managers, and technicians; working with varying production budgets; and the colors and projections used in The Who's Tommy.
John Arnone Lighting Designer
Tish Dace Professor/Critic
Mimi Jordan Sherin Designer
Patricia Zipprodt Costume Designer
- Crafting Worlds: Theatrical Design
- Tuesday, February 12 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 19 - 4:30am
- New Writers, New Musicals: The 2009 Jonathan Larson® Grants
- Tuesday, January 29 - 4:30am
- Tuesday, February 5 - 4:30am
- Consolation and Provocation: Playwrights 2009
- Tuesday, January 22 - 4:30am